I AM



I am me
Me am I
Out of all the possible versions of myself
That I could have been
Here I am
This is the one I became
This body, is the one that I've grown
There wasn't a choosing
It's knitted into me
This skin, and blood, and bone

This is the mind that I own
Tied with memories
Both sweet and sour
Gifted with thoughts and feeling
That I live in, like a fish in water.
My brain is:
The most complex thing
Ever discovered by anyone
This matter of neurons and synapses
Continues to learn
And I'm learning to live with it
Being solely mine

I am me
Me am I
This is the me that is
Out of all the sperms and ovums that could've fused
This won the cosmic lottery
And was thrust into the world
The same world as you

Here you are
You are there
In front of me
And amazingly
We exist together

Comments