10,000 Days


Time like a nebulous cloud surrounds me
All pervasive, consuming, and complete
Or, I'm glued to this moment of clear jelly
Which is distinct from all others
Or, I'm swimming like a golden fish
Time like water undetectable
Or, my back is shoved unwillingly forward
By this unending force - terrifyingly fast
Or, that I'm here sharing this moment with you
As we're frozen in this instant together

And In the face of stars I'm unbearably young
Those explosive gods who I share the same space with
The creators who formed my matter
Without intent they continue to shine
Not for me or anyone

I'm a shape-shifter after all
Whose figure dissolves & reforms
As time works invisible fingers in my clay
Gifting wrinkles, knowledge, and memory

But still: Consciousness Continues
As the earth propels us all the same

Comments